Topic: I’m looking for some aquarium safe gloves that I can use in my fish aquariums? Are there certain ones I shouldn’t use? I want a long set that goes up to my shoulders so I can reach deep inside of my tanks. Is there a certain type I should buy? I need some help here. Thanks!
Posted by Nathan J: I did a lot of reading on this and came to the conclusion that buying gloves designed “specifically” for aquariums was just easier. People online were saying this might work.. and that might be safe.. is it really worth risking..? They sell gloves designed for aquarium use on amazon. I bought this pair right here and couldn’t be happier. Here is the link to amazon:
- A lot of people don’t know how serious putting your hands into marine tanks is! I have heard some bad things happening to people from handling frags, coral etc. People may make fun of you for wearing gloves and not just putting our bare hands in there like a man! but I don’t care! I would rather be safe than sorry.
- @Reply: I totally agree and that’s why I want the gloves for my marine tanks. I’m too afraid of the freshwater tanks.. but I might just start wearing them for all the tanks!
More Related Questions:
- Definitely a prolapse, usually either caused by internal parasites or a bacterial issue. If you haven’t added anything new to the tank lately and haven’t noticed any illness/white poo, I’d go with bacterial. Since he’s prone to infection at the moment anyway, treatment with an antibiotic will give him his best shot at healing.
- Furan 2 or Kanaplex are my most recommended due to the variety of bacteria they treat and the fact that they’re absorbed by the fish, but sometimes they’re hard to find in store. Tetracycline is a decent option that’s a little more common – or otherwise I’d just try and get the most broad spectrum antibiotic available to you. Amazon always has quick shipping options if you want to go that route.
- Does anyone see anything wrong with this stock for a 29g? Running aquaclear 50, decently planted tank. From everything I’ve read online this should be fine but figured I’d ask!
- My flameback has not been eating, I’ve tried general cure, all in one treatment, clout, looked in his mouth for a rock. Nothing has helped, he opens his mouth at feeding time like this. Any suggestions?
- you need to put him in a medical tank I have a 5 gallon that I use he could be eating and you’re just not seeing it by putting him in the medical tank you would be able to monitor him better.. I agree I would try the bloodworms and the Frozen brine shrimp.
- One of my fish did this when it was constipated 😬 gave her a few days and when she still wouldn’t eat I used a garlic supplement and she ate her food right up and soon after she was back to her normal self. I would put back in hospital tank and let recover from all the medication. It can really ware down their system.
- Don’t mind the algae, this tank gets a ton of natural sunlight. Scheduled maintenance is tomorrow! 🙂
Okay so today noticed a couple of the silver dollar tetra are beginning to get some different markings.
The are getting a dark black stripe across their Gill plate also a single more pronounced black dot on their sides along with a bright red dot. They are also getting a black and red stripe down their tail fin.
My question is, is this a normal thing to happen?? Are they just male?
- Nvm, looked it up. It’s for mating. Lol. There’s too many fish species 🙈😂. Mine hasn’t changed because he’s the only silver dollar I have, because he was a rescue. I wanted to buy more so he’s more comfortable but my local fish store sells baby one’s and he eats small fish 😖😂
- All of my tanks have had them at one point now I have a type of Loach in each tank. Some people do enjoy them but they get in your filters. Breed Lake crazy in engulf your tank.
- Mystery snails are awesome but not for everyone. They made a good amount of mess. You can keep your one and get rid of the rest or hatch them all. They do multiple but if you dont like the amount you’d have with a new hatch, get rid of it.
- You will likely see 3 to 4 egg clutches just like that within the next day or so. Ours laid 4 clutches, we kept them and let them hatch, now we have more than we know what to do with. I give them to the lfs when then get dime sized or bigger.
- Our mystery snail used to lay mass amounts 😲 this was looking down from the lid but each clutch was about 1.5 -2 inches long 😣
We never hatched them as the wouldve been hundreds.